We currently have a Developmental Disabilities Professional (DDP) position open and are hiring for our Residential Program Director position. Please see below for more details.
Do you want to make a difference in the life of someone with a developmental disability? Help someone learn to enjoy the activities that you already enjoy. Our individuals long to be an active member of their community.
We are seeking people to work in a supported environment in individuals’ homes and the community.
Job Duties for Residential and Day Habilitation Services
- Help consumers manage money
- Accurately document consumers’ daily activities
- Maintain consumers’ confidentiality
- Teach consumers independent living skills and perform simple housekeeping skills
- Assist consumers with their activities of daily living, such as grooming and self care
Job Duties for ABA Implementers
- Conducting one-on-one therapy sessions with individuals with developmental disabilities and autism spectrum disorder.
- Traveling to the homes and schools for these sessions.
- Providing direct acedemic and/or social skills instruction with individuals in their natural environment (home or school setting).
- Implementing a professionally developed behavior management/support plan.
- Recording data throughout each session.
- Assisting the individuals with daily living skills.
- Flexible schedules, great for college students
- Can be used as an internship and/or practicum
- Fun working environment
- Paid mileage
- Paid training
- Annual pay raises
- Life, Dental, Vison, and Health Insurance available
Download fillable employment application (PDF). You may fill it out on your computer and email it or print it out and mail it. You may also bring it by our office between 9am and 5pm, Monday-Friday.
If you choose to email your application, you may leave the spaces for your signature blank.
»Email applications to: email@example.com
»Mail applications to:
Nova Center of the Ozarks
1340 E. Woodhurst Dr.
Springfield, MO 65804
General Employment Information
Nova Center of the Ozarks was incorporated in June of 1990 as a non-profit organization. Our five bed group home was opened in June of 1992 and closed in March of 2002 in order to provide more personal one on one care. Nova has now grown to include 16 ISL (Individualized Supported Living) homes in Springfield. Nova provides day habilitation in the form of Community Integration and Home Skills Development. Nova also provides various other services including behavior intervention services; however, we primarily hire for Residential Program (ISLs), Community Integration and Home Skills Development Program, and ABA Implementers.
ABA Implementers work with individuals with various abilities. Staff in this program need to be able to take direction from the consultant and implement changes effectively. Staff need to be able to communicate effectively in both oral and written form and be able to work independently and be a self starter.
Direct Support Professional (DSP)
DSPs are responsible for monitoring the health and well-being of Nova individuals. Specific duties include: preparing meals, general cleaning, laundry, administering medications, taking clients into the community, completing daily documentation, and assisting with doctor and/or therapy appointments. Residential shifts vary depending on the individuals in the home and their schedule/needs. Typical week shifts could be 8a-4p, 3p-11p, and 11p-9a along with weekend shifts of 9a-3p, 3p-11p, and 11p-9a.
Day Service’s Staff
Staff in this program directly accompany and support individuals on community outings and/or in their natural home. Shifts for this program are generally more flexible and are based on the individual’s as well as the family’s needs. Staff is responsible for working on the individual’s personal goals to allow them to become more independent in their community.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must have a valid driver’s license, social security card and/or birth certificate
- Must have your own reliable transportation with proof of current car insurance and a good driving record
- ABA Implementers must have experience